The First Tee of Fresno offers youth development programs, which focus on developing life skills using the game of golf as its vehicle. The minimum age to join weekly Life-Skills classes is 7 years old. As long as a child turns 7 during the current programming session (season), they can register. For example, if your child turns 7 in July, they can register for the summer session.
2018 Payment Options
Annual Memberships will be offered this year for $120. Your annual membership will cover all programming for 2018. Financial assistance is not offered for Annual Memberships, but we do offer payment programs. Annual Memberships will no longer be offered after March 31, 2018.
|Annual Memberships||Session to Session|
Life Skills Classes
Life Skills classes are offered throughout the year in the spring, summer, and fall sessions at facilities across our region. Participants who are new to the program MUST enroll in PLAYer classes. New participants 12 and older should look to sign up with the Teen PLAYer class on the schedule. A brief, but mandatory orientation session will be conducted for all parents on the first day of Life Skills classes. All students advancing from one level to another must meet certification requirements:
• Little Linkster- this non-certifying level is for participants ages 4-6 years old only.
• PLAYer – entry level for participants who are between 7 and 11 years old. Must complete at least 3 sessions in PLAYer to certify into Par.
• Teen PLAYer – entry level class for ages 12-17 years old and may complete PLAYer level after 1 session.
• Pro-PLAYer – optional advanced level for participants who have completed at least 2 session in PLAYer. This sub-level focuses on going on-course and golf skills.
• Par – participants who have certified out of PLAYer level and 9 years or older. Must complete at least 3 sessions in Par to certify to Birdie.
• Birdie – participants who have certified out of Par level and 11 years or older. Must complete at least 4 sessions in Birdie to certify to Eagle.
• Eagle – participants who have certified out of Birdie level and 13 years or older. Must complete at least 5 sessions in Eagle to certify to ACE Level.
• ACE – students in high school (14 years or older) who have completed Eagle certification.
Little Linksters Golf Academy
Children ages 4-6 are introduced to The First Tee’s Life Skills Curriculum. This 4-class, introductory level course is offered in the Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Age-appropriate equipment and activity-based lessons engage these young golfers, building their interest for the game of golf. Most importantly, they will learn The First Tee Code of Conduct: Respect for Self, Respect for Others, and Respect For Surroundings.
For information about current class offerings and locations, please return to the homepage for announcements, class schedules, and registration information.
Please email email@example.com with any further questions.